Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday, July 14

The Open

St. Andrews. Tonight at 1:00 a.m. on ESPN. Tiger and Phil and Ernie and others. Nearly all the furor over Tiger’s sexual follies has died down to a murmur, mainly because his golf game has died down to a murmur. This Open, played at his favorite site, may well be what makes or breaks his year, maybe even his career. I’d hate to see it end here on this sour note, but he certainly hasn’t looked like the golfer with whom we were once all so fascinated. Some were fascinated negatively, angered that he seemed to get all the tv coverage, hoping he’d fall on his face. Well, he certainly fell. But most, like me, watched him because we wanted to see golf history made, wondering what magical shot he’d pull off, how many majors he’d win. I miss those moments and hope they’ll return. And St. Andrews could well be the returning point. Last time he won here, he hit almost no drivers, only long irons off the tees, leaving him long irons into the greens. But no one in the game is better with long irons than Tiger. I can’t wait for 1:00 tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive