Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, March 12

Tiger Demise

How sad to see Tiger leaving Doral yesterday, sad to see him withdraw from a tournament in which he’d never finished out of the top ten, sad to hear about another injury to his left leg. He says it’s only his Achilles, but one would suppose it may be his left knee again. If that’s true, then we may well have seen an end to his golfing career. No more chasing another five majors, no more magical moments when he pulls off an almost impossible shot in near darkness at Jack's Memorial, no more fist pumps when a chip onto the 16th at Augusta somehow makes that final slow turn to go in for birdie, no more impossibly long downhiller on the island green 17th at the TPC Sawgrass, no more miracle putts on only one good leg to beat Rocco Mediate in the 2008 U.S. Open. I’ll miss him. Ten years ago I admired him as much for his character as his golf ability. Now, almost two years after that tragic auto accident and the breakup of his marriage to Elin, I can no longer admire him as a man. But I, along with millions of his fans, still love to watch him compete, all of us watching for another Tiger miracle. I’m very much afraid I’ll never see that happen. How sad.

No comments:

Blog Archive