Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Sunday, January 5

I'm Back with Pot & Wolf of Wallstreet

Okay, so I couldn’t take even a full week off. Blog writing becomes addictive, and I’m hooked. I thought I’d run out of topics but there is no end to possible topics. And I’m still seeing movies and reading books that I can review. And local and national and world news still has enough stories about stupidity and stupid people to keep me in fodder for a long time to come.

One of the top recent stories has Colorado making pot legal for recreational use. And that’s probably just the beginning as more and more states will likely follow suit. It remains to be seen if this will result in increased addiction to what was an illegal substance, which may lead to more people moving on to the harder illegal substances. Cigarettes are legal. Do they cause smokers to move on to heroine and coke? Booze is legal. Does it cause drinkers to move on to harder stuff? In both cases I don’t think so. Nor will legalizing pot lead to a nation of pot heads.

And speaking of potheads, I just saw Leonardo DiCaprio, as Jordan Belfort in The Wolf of Wall Street, doing coke and ludes as though he was in druggie heaven. Whoa, three hours of nudity and F-bombs and drugs and booze and money in every scene. DiCaprio did his best imitation of Jack Nicholson’s brazen, screaming self as he sold and scammed his way through Wall Street, igniting his fellow stock salesmen and women to pick up those phones and sell, sell, sell penny stocks that netted them all 50% of the stocks’ values. The audience couldn’t figure out whether to root for him or despise him. But what a salesman he was and what an energetic hip-hop three hours of acting on his part. If you can’t stomach almost continuous bad language and nudity and graphic sexual intercourse, don’t see this movie. But if you want to watch DiCaprio strut his acting stuff, go see him as the Wolf of Walstreet.

No comments:

Blog Archive