Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Saturday, July 25

Donald Trump & Sarah Palin and Gloria DeHaven

Almost every day in the news we see stories about or images of Donald Trump. It seems that all the media people are in love with his mixed bag of tricks—stupid comments about Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or any of his fellow GOP contenders for the throne, his statements about his net worth, his advice about what we should do about a Great Wall of China on our southern border, about his possibly running as a 3rd party candidate. As Sinatra once sang in “Everything Happens to Me,” “Every time I play an ace, my partner always trumps.” Well, nearly everything he’s doing is like that partner who “Trumps” the country’s aces. I think the perfect GOP ticket to insure Hillary’s win in 2016 would be a Trump/Sarah Palin pairing. Instead of one joker in the pack we’d have two.

I always check the list of famous birthdays in the day’s newspaper to see who’s close to my age, the oldest at the top working down to the youngest. I can always stop looking at 50 because I don’t recognize most of those younger than that. Two days ago, at the very top at age 90, was a name that brought back memories, Gloria DeHaven, that sultry star with the come-hither smile and the beauty mark on her left cheek. I best remember her from her role in the 1950 movie Three Little Words, in which she sang “Who’s Sorry Now?” She was just one of the film stars I fell in love with back then. Or maybe it was “fell in lust with.”

No comments:

Blog Archive