Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Sunday, December 11

A This 'n' That Sunday

This was a do-nothing day, a day for catching up on the news, for watching too much football, for putting some finishing touches on my Christmas blog, for considering what the rest of the year holds for me.

In the news, an Egyptian woman is reported to weigh 1100 pounds, a new record for obesity. That doesn’t seem possible, and the medical people who were told about her couldn’t believe she could even still be alive. How does one become that much overweight? When will we get to the time when no one will be that obese, or even obese at all? In the U.S. we have an epidemic of obesity, but 1100 pounds is ridiculous.

John Glenn has died. Not sad. Just newsworthy to note his passing. He was a man for the ages, a man to emulate. A pioneer on our next frontier, space. Go well, John Glenn.

Fake news stores on all the social media sources, and a possible, probable, reason for Donald Trump’s election. And today I read what he said about not needing to go to daily security briefings: "I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years." Eight years? Has he already assumed he’ll be reelected in 2014? Heaven help us.

NFL football: I just watched the ugliest game I’ve ever watched, the Dolphins vs. the Arizona Cardinals. It rained torrentially in Miami and effected the game from the opening kickoff to the end. And the Cardinals found a new way to lose a game: They had an extra-point kick go wide left because of a bad long-snap; they had a chip-shot field goal hit the right upright and kick out; they had another extra-point blocked with a Dolphin running it back for two points. Thus, they gave up seven points and lost by three on a last-second field goal by Miami. I think I may never watch another NFL game.

And a few odd comments: Always give 100% (unless you’re donating blood).

English is weird. It can be understood, though, through tough, thorough thought.

No comments:

Blog Archive