Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, October 21

Writer's Block

Wow, I'm stuck. I've run out of topics and much as I rack my brain I can't come up with anything worth writing about. Helluva note. The day is cold and grayish, nothing worth looking at on the tube (no football or baseball, no golf, that is), and I don't much feel like exercising. I went for a walk early this morning, once around our block from our house to Keystone, then up to Conquistador, back to Flagstone, and home again. Maybe a slow mile or less and I was exhausted. These past ten months of inactivity have taken their toll. I hoped as I walked that no one was peeking out a window, seeing this old person weaving and half-stumbling down the sidewalk. My legs felt like rubber and acted like boneless sushi. I decided to divide the rest of the day with some typing, music, Deaver's Burning Wire, and napping a bit. Oh, yeah, have I mentioned that I nap a lot lately? Not on purpose, not lying on bed or sofa, just nodding off as I sit at computer or read in a chair or watch television. I'll wake up thirty minutes later and realize I've just lost another half hour of my life. I think this exhaustion may still be related to the many hours I spent in the hyperbaric chamber. Or not. Maybe it's just that I'm getting old and creaky.

No comments:

Blog Archive