Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Sunday, February 20

Truisms & Scanning Pictures

Truisms to Live By: 1. Going to a church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car. 2. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. 3. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission. 4. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program. 5. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks. 6. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. 7. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places. 8. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming. 9. By the time you can make the ends meet, they move the ends.

I scanned a bunch of pictures into the computer, my favorite being the one of Rosalie I'd used for the cover of Match Play, the one where she's sitting on the grass at the sixth tee at Jackson Valley, waiting for the green to open up. She’s in her blue terry cloth outfit and she looks beautiful as she looks pensively to the left. I wonder where that girl went. I wonder where her husband went. Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing. This scanning business is like taking a time machine back to places that no longer exist, but when I see them they seem so vividly present. I look at pictures of our old house in New York and I can almost smell the grass as I mow it. Or feel the cold of the newly fallen snow, especially as I shovel it from the back driveway. I miss it, I don’t miss it. I guess I still feel cheated that life is so brief.

No comments:

Blog Archive