Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, December 10

Golf & Football

I got up to wind and cold, and on to the golf course for a 9:30 tee time. Oh, my, was it cold. I had four layers of clothes on and I was still cold. And I paid good money for a very bad round. I keep thinking I've sunk as low as I can get in terms of golf scores, but I keep sinking lower and lower. Or, in the way of golf scores, sinking higher and higher. That's rather paradoxical, but then, so is my game.

All of which reminds me of the Cardinals. They have taken ineptitude to a new level. They're no longer losing close games--they're losing by distant numbers. Fifty-eight to zip at Seattle yesterday. I'm embarrassed to say I'm a Cardinals fan. The only good thing that can come from this miserable season is for them to lose the rest of their games and get an early draft pick, a quarterback who can actually throw the ball to poor Larry Fitzgerald. But then they also have to find three or four offensive linemen to allow that quarterback some time to throw and to open up a few holes for a running back that they'd also have to draft. I'm not sure they'll have enough draft picks to find all the people they need. I wonder if they can draft a new coach while they're at it. Ah, well, as we used to say in high school after a bad season, "Just wait'll next year."

1 comment:

Jeri Travis said...

Dear Daddy.
BRRRRRRRRRR- So cold up here. I had my back door open just a crack yesterday and didn't realize it. I made Chris come in my room to see if it was like a freezer in there. Once I closed the door it got up to just cold.

Great to hear you're golfing again. A bad day on the course is still better than a good day watching T.V. You should expect to be out of practice, been awhile. Keep it up :) Riding a horse is easy, golf not so much.

One more day and I AM ON VACATION. YEAAAAAAA! See you soon.
Love you,
Jeri

Blog Archive