Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, January 11

Cardinals and Dreamers

The Cardinals can certainly keep things exciting. But I'd rather not have to squirm and scream during the games. How about just one unexciting lopsided win next Saturday against the Saints. Not too much to ask. But even if they don't win next week, they did a nice job yesterday of shutting up the cheeseheads, and we have a bunch of them living here in the Valley. I remember those four years when we lived in upstate New York, when we agonized over the Buffalo Bills, a team that made it to four Super Bowls in a row, losing all four of them. Oh the pain, oh the agony. I don't want the Cardinals to do the same, but getting there a second time would be nice. So, let's dream on it.

On a trip to the bathroom at a nearby Red Lobster, I noticed a framed saying on the wall: “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist believes it will change; the realist resets his sails.” I think I’d like to add, “And the dreamer spreads his wings and rides on it, allowing it to take him anywhere it wants.”

No comments:

Blog Archive