Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, January 7

Songs Never Heard

I've been writing songs for almost my entire life, beginning when I was still in high school and then in New York, after my discharge in 1954, when I tried to do it seriously. But that was a failed enterprise. So I wrote songs off and on, collecting them in one form or another. But except for that botched experience with "All Over You" a few years ago and the two songs that were recorded on a demo disk in 1955, almost no one has ever heard any of my songs. I keep the lyrics in a file on my computer and the music in my head, where those notes will die with me one of these days. Here's a set of lyrics I put together two years ago:

"A Little Bit Scared"

He was a little bit scared
And a little bit stupid,
But he put up his dukes
And he took it to Cupid . . .
Who popped him
Right in the kisser
And dropped him.

Then she found him there
And picked him up,
Carried him home
In her trunk . . .
Cause ya see,
She was a little bit drunk
And a little bit crazy.
And later on
She was a little bit hazy
How he came to be there.
Was it a one-time affair?

When he woke up
He was a little bit scared
And a whole lot dumber,
So he said goodbye
And he jumped in his Hummer,
And drove away.
He was too scared to stay.

He was a little bit scared
And a little bit stupid,
But he put up his dukes
And he took it to Cupid . . .
Who whumped him,
Took him by the ear
And then dumped him

Back on her lap.
He got a little bitty kiss
And a great big slap
That brought him to his senses,
So he threw up a wall
For emotional defenses.
But it didn’t help at all,
He was just bound to fall.

They were a little bit in love
And a whole lotta happy,
So they jumped in his car
And decided to be sappy
And tie the knot,
And that’s just what they got—
All tied up in kids.

No comments:

Blog Archive