Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, August 6

Olympic Observations

After the women's gymnastics were over, Bob Costas interviewed Bela Kurolyi about what Kurolyi thought of the Fab Five compared to the Magnificent Seven from the 1996 Games in Atlanta. He spoke so fast and in that heavy Romanian accent that I could barely understand what he said. The man has been in this country for over thirty years and yet he speaks English like a recent arrival. That's unforgivable. I'd be willing to bet that with total linguistic immersion I could speak Romanian almost like a native. So why can't he? Because he's either lazy or he's inconsiderate.

I'm watching water polo and wondering why all the men have to wear those tiny suits that dispaly half their butts. And why do the women have to wear those suits that look like they're giving them water wedgies? 'Tis a mystery.

South African double amputee Oscar Pistorius, nicknamed "Blade Runner," made it through his first prelimary race in the 400 meters but placed last in the semi-finals. How odd to see him racing along on those metal feet. How odd that some of his competitors thought they gave him an unfair advantage over biological legs. How much he's to be commended for his efforts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may be able to shed a little light on the women's water polo wedgie mystery. I read somewhere that one of the nasty underwater tactics employed by the players is to give their opponents a violent wedgie, so some women pre-wedgify themselves to avoid that painful experience. Whatever it takes to win, I guess...

Blog Archive