Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, June 16

Blogger's Block

I think I’ve hit a wall. Not exactly a blogger’s block because it isn’t as though I simply can’t write, but because I don’t have any new things to write about. Nearly 850 posts seem to have exhausted my topics. What do I do? Stop blogging altogether? Take a break from blogging? Write blogs that ramble on about any personal thing that comes to mind? There are people out there who find my blog and read it, mostly from the US, but quite a few also from Russia, the UK, Germany, Latvia, Sweden, Canada, even one from Qatar and several from other remote places in the world. If I stop writing, I lose those readers. But how egomaniacal am I that I need these people to acknowledge me? I’m like a little boy, jumping up and down, shouting, “I’m here! Look at me! Love me! Don’t leave me alone in this chaotic universe!” I scour the news for subjects: Bergdahl’s return from Afghanistan (did he or didn’t he desert?), school shootings here, there, and everywhere, the obituaries of famous people (Casey Kasem dies at 82), sports news (yes, Martin Kaymer really kicked ass, the Spurs really did a number on the Heat, the D-backs can’t seem to hit out of a paper bag, will the US win the World Cup?), suicide bombers over and over again. Will Hillary run? Another war in Iraq? Too many questions, not enough answers. How do I break through this wall?

I guess I’ll just ramble.

No comments:

Blog Archive