Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Sunday, October 19

Poetic Recap

For anyone out there who's been interested in what I have to say about poetry, here's an easy way to get to those blogs from the past about poets and poetic forms. Just click on one or more.
Poetic Forms, the Sonnet
Poetic Forms, the Sonnet II
The Limerick
Other Forms
Dickinson
Millay
cummings
Teaching Poetry
Concrete Poetry
Longfellow & Ogden Nash
Frost Sonnets
More Frost

It's a quiet Sunday here in the Valley, clear skies, calm, gorgeous. So, what am I doing besides fiddling with this blog? Am I out there enjoying this fine day from the outside instead of the inside? That's right, I'm here waiting for the NFL games to come on, especially the Cardinals/Raiders game. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, the one that the Cardinals are supposed to win but somehow come up short. I get too involved in the games, moaning and groaning over each bad play, feeling exultant over each good play. After a game I feel like I was out there on the field, running and blocking and catching and tackling. I'm too old for such shenanigans. Today, I'll just stay calm and not get too involved in the action. Yeah, like that's gonna happen.



No comments:

Blog Archive