Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Saturday, March 2

Michael Cohen


          The recent Cohen hearings have opened my eyes to political and governmental considerations that I never before knew or even suspected. I guess what I’m saying is that up to now I’ve been naïve about how our government works, naïve because I’ve been too lazy to learn what I should know about how our system works, too willing to let others decide who should be elected for political office from ground level to upper tier. Too many people just like me allowed Donald Trump to become our president. We can’t let that happen again, and I will do my part by knowing what those running for office stand for, what they want to do if elected, what they will do if elected. I also think that from now on I’ll base at least fifty percent of my consideration on the character of those running, on people who are demonstrably good, with good motives. Donald Trump is showing the American people and people around the world that his motives are more to feather his own nest than to do what’s right for our country. Our democratic system is becoming more and more imperiled every day—our financial system, our infrastructure, increasingly damaging weather because of climate change, and threats from Russia, North Korea, China, and Middle East extremist groups. I hope we aren’t too late to save ourselves. These next two years may give us our last chance to fix all the things that now seem so wrong. I’m even more afraid now for the United States and the world than I was in the Fifties and Sixties when we lived with the threat of a World War III that could destroy our planet and all life on earth.

No comments:

Blog Archive