Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday, September 5

Song Intro & Men of a Certain Age


Sorry about beating this old dead horse, but how could I have forgotten this long intro when I was writing about the lost art of musical intros? Ira Gershwin did it again:

There's a saying old, says that love is blind.
Still we're often told, "seek and ye shall find."
So I'm going to seek a certain lad I've had in mind.
Looking everywhere, haven't found him yet.
He's the big affair I cannot forget.
Only man I ever think of with regret.
I'd like to add his initial to my monogram.
Tell me, where is the shepherd for this lost lamb?

And then, of course:
There's a somebody I'm longin' to see . . .


Another dead horse, Men of a Certain Age, but I think this one should be resuscitated. I bought the first season of this show because I wanted to have it to see now and again what real television drama is all about. Ray Romano, how could you have let them cancel your show? This series had the most complex plot lines and the fullest, richest set of characters of anything on the tube. Each hour segment examined the three “men”— the love life of Terry (Scott Bakula), the aging Lothario, sometime actor; Owen (Andre Braugher), the overweight, put-upon car salesman at his father’s dealership; and Joe (Ray Romano), the owner of a party supply store who dreams of making it on the senior golf tour but who is still fighting a compulsion to gamble. Talk about intricate plot lines. My next question, when TNT cancelled the show, why didn’t one of the other networks pick it up? Instead, we’re treated to stupid reality show after stupid reality show. Come on, Ray, push it at NBC or CBS until one of them brings it back.

No comments:

Blog Archive