Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Friday, October 26

600 & Argo

This is my 600th post. That’s a lot of words spilled out on this bloggy desert, most of which were sucked down into the sand without leaving a mark. I should be used to that, having five novels also sinking without a ripple. Poor me. But if I weren’t writing, I’d be dead. So I guess I’ll keep on plugging away, sending out misguided missiles, hoping to find a target every now and then.

Quick comment about Ben Affleck’s Argo. Amazing how the tension built throughout, even though the audience knew the outcome from the very beginning. A very good movie despite the fact that the story may have fudged on the amount of U.S. involvement and downplayed the amount of Canadian involvement in the exfiltration of the six Americans from a manic Iran. It was also a frightening portrayal of the horror of the mob beast that stormed the embassy. Good movie, although maybe not as good as the reviewers made it out to be. I’d be surprised if it won any Oscars. It did, however, give us a likely catchphrase for the next year or two—“Argofuckyourself!”

A side note about bumper humping. BC has the final say. And, yes, it’s a bit unpleasant.

1 comment:

Jeri Travis said...

Hello Daddy!
Just a little note to let you know I read your spot everyday. While it only makes a ripple in your pond, I just wanted you to know you still have at least one faithful reader. I love you bunches and bunches.
Jeri Lynne
P.S. It was only that one time the background was hinky. The black back drop was back the next time I logged in. Love you

Blog Archive