Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, October 1

Sunday Sports

After Sunday sports I’m exhausted. I watched the entire U.S meltdown in the Ryder Cup, and I’m exhausted. I watched the entire overtime victory of the Cardinals over the Dolphins, and I’m exhausted. I feel like I need to go to bed and sleep for a week. The Americans simply let the Ryder Cup be snatched away from them, especially in the final three matches when no one on the U.S. team could seem to make a putt. The most egregious error was when Steve Stricker couldn’t get up and down on seventeen. He just couldn’t lose that hole. But he did. And then he could only tie Martin Kaymer on the eighteenth to lose his match one up. Unforgiveable for one of the best putters on the U.S. team to choke it on that seventeenth hole. He will live forever in replay hell, like Bernhard Langer in the 1991 Cup. If he had gotten that crucial half point, then Tiger needed only to tie Molinari on the final hole to win the Cup. But by the time Tiger and Molinari got to their second shots on eighteen, the results were already in. The win or loss was a matter of inches. Just wait’ll 2014.

No comments:

Blog Archive