Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Tuesday, October 16

Taken 2 & Bumper Humping

Liam Neeson, in Taken 2, kicks some serious ass. And the man does his own stunts. And the man is sixty. I think Neeson would have been a better choice to play Jack Reacher in the upcoming film called Reacher than Tom Cruise. Neeson is tall and built like a block, just like Reacher. David Morse might also have been a better Reacher than Cruise—tall, broad, and tough as nails. I guess I’ll just have to wait to see what Tom Cruise does with the role. But back to Taken 2. I asked Rosalie to refuse to let me ever go to Istanbul for whatever reason. Just not a place I’d want to visit, with narrow nasty streets and nastiness all around. In the movie, the Libyans that Neeson had killed in Taken, were being buried, and the father of the tribe decided that he had to have revenge against the man who had killed his favorite son. Never mind that the son had kidnapped Neeson’s daughter to sell her into white slavery. Never mind that the family is a group of real baddies. So Neeson is in Turkey on government business (I’m still not sure what kind of badass business he’s in) and his ex-wife and daughter show up for a brief vacation with him. And the Libyans show up en mass to capture the three of them. That’s the movie. The whole thing involves Neeson’s attempts to rescue his wife and daughter, meanwhile killing several dozen bad guys. A very forgettable movie, but a nice way to spend an empty afternoon. And, naturally, they set it up for a Taken 3. I can’t imagine who will be taken in that one, but I’m sure Neeson will be there to kick ass and take no prisoners.

On my way home from a dental visit this morning, a little green car rode my bumper for a quarter-mile or so, then squirted out to pass me and catch up with the next car, riding his bumper also. It seems that too many young drivers are really playing a roady video game, seeing how many cars they can pass to gain a temporary one-car advantage, zipping in and out and back and forth from lane to lane, always cutting dangerously in front of cars on both in and out, always tailgating the car in front. I like to think of it as bumper humping, or autofanny kissing, or, more specifically, Fido fucking. I always wish a motor patrol would spot him/her and fine his/her ass a bunch. But they never seem to be around.

1 comment:

Jeri Travis said...

Hi Daddy!
Did you do something different with your background? I had a real hard time reading this last post. Maybe my eyes are finally getting bad but the background seemed more prominent than usual. I had to scroll up and down to get out of the tv screen so I could read the words. And yes, I HATE tailgaters too. I still carry bottlecaps to throw out my window at them. Funny how they back off after one or two tossed at them. I suppose I am risking life and limb but I just HATE THEM. LOVE YOU! JERI LYNNE

Blog Archive