Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday, September 23

Today was another windy one, maybe not quite as strong as yesterday, but close. Another not-so-fun day on the golf course. I play bad enough on nice days, I don't need twenty-mile-an-hour winds to make it even worse.

I have nothing new to say so I'll insert something I wrote a few months ago.


My Royalty check for "All Over You," the song I recorded on the album above. $12.36, whew, and I don't know how to spend it all. I feel bad about the way it was recorded, because it missed almost entirely the double meaning intended. Instead, it was done as a straight country, guitar and twang and all. Check out the lyrics: "You said you’d never leave me, And I bought that old lie. When you walked out, believe me, I wanted to cry, but I didn’t. I thought I would die, but I didn’t, And if I can only make it For one more day or two, I know I’ll be all over you. You said you’d always love me. I heard you solemnly swear By all the stars above me You’d never leave, but you did it. I wanted to grieve, but I hid it, And if I can only make it For one more day or two, I know I’ll be all over you. All over you, all over you, It just takes time Before I’m mine again— Another month, a year or two That’s all it takes Until I’m fine again. You said we’d last forever, You never meant a word. You said we’d be together, Our love would last, but it didn’t. We’d hold on fast, but we didn’t, And if I can only make it For one more day or two, I know I’ll be all over you. But if after all you’ve said You come crawling back into my bed, Am I gonna let you back in it? What do you think I’ll do? I’ll let you back in in a minute, And then I know I’ll be all over you."

Just another of my songs that only I will ever hear as I intended it.

No comments:

Blog Archive