Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday, January 30

Hello, Dolly

Another enjoyable evening at the Arizona Broadway Theatre, this time saying Hello to Dolly and the rest of the Yonkers crew. This place just keeps getting better and better at everything they do. This was my first experience with Hello Dolly, and I loved it. Again, the sets, costumes, choreography, and singing were exceptional, improving each season from eight years ago to the present. Morgan Springer, who played Dolly Levi, had an Ethel Merman voice, as big as Ethel’s but better than Ethel’s; Daria DeGaetano as Irene Molloy should be turning out cd’s. I know I’d buy them. The choreography has gone from adequate, just all right, in their first several seasons to near-Broadway levels with Dolly and her crowd. Gower Champion, looking down from above, would be proud. The sets have gone from okay to really clever and detailed, especially the set for the restaurant scene where everyone welcomes Dolly back. The costuming simply made me shake my head. The number and variety of the period outfits, especially Dolly’s gowns, was amazing. I keep singing ABT praises to friends and neighbors here in the West Valley, hoping they’ll join us in our attendance, hoping for continued success and growth for this truly professional theatrical venue.

If you don't believe me about the professionalism of ABT's Hello, Dolly, then check out this YouTube video.

No comments:

Blog Archive