Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, November 18

Dusty Garfield



Unless you have a cat or two, you won’t really understand this Garfield strip. I am owned lock stock and barrel by one of our cats, Dusty. Quite a few years ago I made the grievous error of feeding him soft cat food, and ever since, that’s about all he wants to eat. But the feedings require that he get only a little bit at a time, just enough for him to finish it all in one feeding. Otherwise, whatever is left over is left forever. I mean, he wouldn’t bring himself to eat food that’s become unfresh, would he? Absolutely not. Which brings me to my current problem. Before we go to bed, I give him food and he eats it. But two hours later he wants more, demands more. If we go to bed at 10:00, I know that he’ll bug me at midnight to get up and feed him. Which I do. Then again at 2:00, and 4:00, and 6:00. And if I try to ignore him, he will sit near my head, his face about two inches from my ear, and whine in a really obnoxious Garfield way until I finally relent and get up to feed him. Yes, just like the times when we had a new born who required nightly feedings, Dusty is now our new born. But new borns grow up and out of this nocturnal need. Dusty doesn’t. I am truly owned by him, and though I love him dearly, I wish I’d never started him on soft food. Too late now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously??? What do your kids think about this?? Funny kitty!
Mom started Alley Katt on wet food and I've had to continue it...now my Roland has to have it too...they each get a spoonful, I buy the small Fancy Feast cans and it lasts 2 mornings. The things we do for our animals. I spend my morning walking the dog so she poops so I can then pick it up, scooping the litter box, feeding everyone and talking to the bird for a few minutes. I don't know what I'd do with all of that spare time if I didn't have them to care for!!

Annie is going to see Harry Potter at midnite tonite with a friend and her Mom. She'll have to wake me when she leaves!
Love you....xoxox
Amy

Blog Archive