Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday, May 4

The Full Monty

We went with the McPheresons to the last show in our Season Six lineup at the Arizona Broadway Theatre, The Full Monty, and although I didn't hear a single song I was familiar with, the show was very funny and, once again, done admirably by the ABT people. The singing was great, the sets great, the costumes great, and the pit band even better than ever. And yes, we were all wondering if they were really going to do the "full monty," and they did, in the final scene. But, happily, they also each had policemen's hats to clamp over the monty site as they stripped off their red thongs. I can't even imagine how much courage it took for those six guys to reveal themselves in all their not so handsome nakedness. We're both so happy we've found a theatrical venue close enough and good enough for us to enjoy great musicals. Next season, we're signed up for A Chorus Line, Miracle on 34th Street, Singin' in the Rain, Sunset Boulevard, Tarzan, and The Will Rogers Follies. I can't wait to see what they do with a musical called Tarzan.

No comments:

Blog Archive