Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Tuesday, May 17

Weather Here and There

It’s a chilly Tuesday morning here in Sun City West. The arbor vitae in back are doing their slow dance, bobbing and weaving in the morning breeze, and the doves are hoo hooing all over the place. Last night around 1:00 or 2:00, we were awakened by the sounds of a coyote party only a few house up from us. Some poor rabbit probably bit the dust. And then our wakeup call at 6:00, that lead-headed woodpecker who enjoys sending his message by way of our metal eves troughs.

When I say chilly, I mean it’s only in the upper sixties, rising into the seventies later on. Way below our average for this time of year, but still pretty wonderful. When I think of all the weather related tragedies around the world, around the country, I thank my stars again for living here in the Valley of the Sun. The storms that devastated the Southeast a month ago and now the flooding along the Mississippi must be just awful for the residents affected. The only good thing to be said about both disasters is that they will create many jobs rebuilding those areas. I’m not sure where all the money will come from, but the jobs should put a little life into our ailing economy. Let’s hope so.

No comments:

Blog Archive