Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Friday, May 13

Idol & Tiger

Well, they did it. The 72 million voters on American Idol, that is. Last night James Durbin got voted off, leaving three, at best, weak sisters—Lauren, Scotty, and, weakest of all, Haley. And next week, Haley will go. What a dumb finale that will be, with Country Boy Scotty and Thunder Thighs Lauren. And guess what, Scotty will be the winner. Bad outcome, dumb season. I swear, and I mean it this time, I will not watch Season 11. I won’t, I won’t, I won’t! Not even to see how much bigger and more offensive Ryan Seacrest’s smile will become. Last night’s results show made it even more obvious what the state of current pop music has become. Jordan Sparks returned to scream out a JLo-like number called “I Am Woman,” really dumb lyrics to a frenetic dance and pelvic-thrusting. And the new song by Lady Gaga, whom I think of more as Lady Gag Gag. And the new music video by Stephen Tyler, who, I think, has even bigger lips than Mick Jagger. Where have good taste and good lyrics gone? About as extinct as the dodo bird.

How disappointed I was at the news of Tiger’s withdrawal from the Players’ Championship. How the mighty have fallen. Discounting all the rednecks who are dancing gleefully over his demise, I and quite a few other golf fans just can’t maintain much interest in any tournament in which he’s not contending. Can he ever get it back? Or even a portion of it back? Maybe not. Maybe he should work on cutting back on his swing, become a David Toms who executes around a course. Anything just to get him back.

1 comment:

Crosby Kenyon said...

I don't know how anyone can believe he won't be back. It hasn't been that long. By the time he gets it back together, there will be some new young bucks who can actually challenge him, he'll have new rivals, and it will be almost like it was. Aren't we all suckers for a good story? Tiger's story is still being written.

Blog Archive