Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, November 14

EW & Upcoming Movies

I've been reading this week's Entertainment Weekly, which previews movies due out over the holidays and prior to the Oscars in January, and It strikes me that we are now and have been for the past year in the midst of a film flood. It must have something to do with these dire economic times that so many of us need to escape our own lives to enter into the lives of those characters we see on the big screen. There seem to be so many movies coming out that I want to see, starting with The Descendents, then on to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the one is which Michelle Williams does her Marilyn whisper and walk, The Artist (getting much buzz for best picture despite its black and white and silent treatment), John le Carre revisited in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, the latest Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise cruising again, Glenn Close disguised as a man in Albert Nobbs, Meryl Streep disguised as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady, Max Von Sydow in Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. And that's just some of them. I don't know if I'll be able to stand all that popcorn. But I'll give it a shot. As for EW's predictions about the Oscars, I agree with some, disagree with some. Brad Pitt's role in Moneyball for best actor. Nah, he just wasn't that good. Viola Davis in The Help for best actress. Yeah, she was that good. But I'll still bet Glenn Close will finally get a win for Albert Nobbs. Octavia Spencer for best supporting actress in The Help. Nah, she just wasn't that good, nor was Melissa McCarthy for her schtick in Bridesmaids. Even though I haven't yet seen it, I'm betting on The Descendents for best picture and Clooney for best actor. But first, I have to see a bunch of flicks between now and Oscar night. Lots of pop, lots of popcorn. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Blog Archive