Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, January 16

Dr. Pepper, Tim Tebow, and The Artist

What in the world could the folks at Dr. Pepper have been thinking? Over half the population of the U.S. are women, and they decided to insult the whole bunch? Even the men who have seen the ad for Dr. Pepper 10 are angered but for different reasons than the women. Heads must be falling even now at the Dr. P. place, and deservedly so. Gun metal gray can with industrial rivets, indeed. How dumb.

All this talk about Tim Tebow and Tebowmania. Is he good or just lucky? Is he going to continue to be the starter in Denver next year? Am I the only one who can see what’s wrong? I haven’t read a single word about it or heard anyone on ESPN mention it. The guy needs to shorten his stroke. His left-handed windup is too long and takes too long to leave his hand, thus hurried throws and balls knocked loose. NFL quarterbacks don’t have the luxury of that extra half-second. Shorten the stroke, Tim. You'll be a Bronco yet.

We just got back from seeing a most delightful, completely charming movie—The Artist. And now I know what everyone has been raving about, and I can join in the rave. Before I saw it, I kept thinking it couldn’t possibly be as good as everyone said. I mean, a black-and-white silent film in 2012? Nah, can’t happen. Well, I was wrong, and whoever first came up with this radical idea has to be nuts or clairvoyant . . . or both. What we have here is a black-and-white, silent movie about the making of black-and-white, silent movies, starring two people most of us have never heard of, Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo, and a dog named Uggie that could be Frasier’s dad's Eddy or Eddy’s son. I guess I’m just fickle, but I’m now taking back my vote for The Descendents as best picture and casting it instead for The Artist.

No comments:

Blog Archive