Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, January 26

We Bought a Zoo

How about another movie review? We Bought a Zoo was a nice, feel-good two hours. Not a great movie but certainly good enough for me to recommend it to anyone sick of explicit sex and raunchy language. Besides, I’ve been in love with Matt Damon since he was that brilliant but poor Bostonian in his debut film, Good Will Hunting. And, of course, I’ve been in love with Scarlet Johnnson since she was in Japan with Bill Murray in Lost in Translation. The story was nice and predictable with some really cute animals, especially Spar, the aging and ailing tiger who had to be put down. And Buster, the grizzly bear that took a short escape stroll. And all the others willing to stand still for a few shots of them doing funny, clever things. Cameron Crowe directed, and we were introduced to a delightful little girl who'll probably be around charming us for a long time to come, Maggie Elizabeth Jones as Rosie Mee, the daughter of Benjamin Mee, the new owner of the zoo in the title.

This movie made me feel good, and what’s even better, I won’t have to remember this one. Go see it for a nice two-hour escape from your daily humdrums.

No comments:

Blog Archive