Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Tuesday, May 1

Ear Hair & Tempus Fugit

Yesterday, the sun was shining from my left as I drove the cart to the golf course, and there, shining in the sunlight, was a hair about an inch long growing out of my left ear. How is that possible? I pull ear hairs religiously and this one somehow escaped my view. Or is it that these hairs just grow like Jack’s beanstalk overnight? I wonder what would happen if I just let them grow. Would they get long enough to braid? Would I look like a werewolf? Or would they, as I see them on some men, just get darker and darker and thicker and thicker until their ear holes become vine-covered cave entrances. No wonder so many men here have to have hearing aids.

There’s a pond on the fourth hole at Pebblebrook, with all kinds of wild life on it, especially mallards that no longer fly north, having decided that Sun City West is a pretty nice place to live year-round. There, I was given a living reminder of the brevity of life, the swiftness of time passing. About three weeks ago I saw a family of ducks on the pond, mom and dad and thirteen tiny ducklings. Today, I saw the same family, same thirteen kids, but they were nearly full grown. Amazing. How could they grow that fast? Or did I miscalculate about the first time I saw them? In either case, tempus fugit.

No comments:

Blog Archive