Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Saturday, June 2

Saturday Sports

Another Saturday, another day of confinement, another day of tv sports to make the confinement bearable. First, the confinement. My medical issues, especially the unhealable leg, keeps me close to home. I used to wonder how any Arizonan could avoid sun tanning. Now I know. One simply stays indoors and never sees the sun. That’s me, the pale one. Second, the tv sports. Today I can feast on French Open tennis until 11:30, then a little LPGA until the Memorial comes on a noon I don’t have anyone to root for in the French Open. I just enjoy the instinctive, balletic moves of the players, especially Roger Federer. The ladies on the LPGA are fun to watch, especially Natalie Gulbis . . . for her golf swing. Then there’s Lexi Thompson with her youthful exuberance as she gallops around the course. I’m amazed by the distance these ladies hit the ball, no longer any Nancy Lopez slow finesse shots on tour, just high-speed smashes similar to the guys on the PGA. I still can figure out why Michelle Wie continues to disappoint. She should be like Tiger in his heyday, winning nearly everything she enters. That’s what Yani Tseng is doing. I was surprised when I looked back over my blog posts at how many times I’ve talked about Tiger and his on-again, off-again affair with golf, the media, and his public image. I love watching him play golf, just like so many of the viewing public, even the Tiger haters. The tv coverage spikes every time he plays. We all keep watching to see if he’ll ever regain his confidence enough to give Jack’s eighteen majors a run. I once admired him more than any other sports figure, and then he blew it. I think he may be the greatest athlete ever, not just in golf but in anything else he may have chosen. He’d have made a great wide receiver in the NFL, a great point guard in the NBA. And today, at the Memorial, he’s contending. I can’t wait to see what he’ll do today.

No comments:

Blog Archive