Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, July 26

SiriusXM

We bought a new KIA Optima a month ago and only yesterday did I discover that one of the perks for the purchase was a three-month trial subscription to SiriusXM, the satellite radio signal that goes directly to your car or I-phone or computer, 130 different stations ranging from all genres of music to sports talk to comedy to national and world news. It’s intriguing but what am I going to do with another way to access music and news? I finally got a car that plays mp3 cd’s, so I can now load about 150 tracks and listen to them on shuffle. I already watch more tv sports than I can handle. And I have an I-Pod that holds 1500 tracks. In order to make the automobile SiriusXM worthwhile, I’d have to spend most of my days traveling to and from work or taking extensive cross-country trips. I no longer go to work and we’re both done with long trips. How can people keep up with the barrage of sights and sounds that television and I-Pods and cell phones and texting and instant messaging throw at them? I have over 13,000 music tracks on my computer. I have thousands of read and unread books in my library. I have well over a hundred tv channels to watch. Do I really need another device that adds to that barrage of things to see and listen to? I don’t think so.

1 comment:

Jeri Travis said...

I also had Sirius and never used it once. Traveling cross country would be the only time I would have used it and now that I've used books on tape, not even then. From what I understand the car is an I-pod as well. You can load your favorite songs directly into the car. There is a port where the cig lighter was. You would have to read the directions but neat, fun car.

Blog Archive