Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Thursday, October 1

I've been busy trying to finalize a family tree of Rosalie's mother's family, and I keep coming up with such odd Scandavian names. For example, her great grand parents were Ingeborg and Olof Olsdotter. And Olof as a name keeps reappearing as a female, whereas Olov is male. And then two generations later there's an Olof Edvin, who is obviously a male. Odd. Lots of Gustav's and Gustaf's and Erick's and Kristina's. It's interesting to catalog all these names, and to try to jar memories of those still living to recall all the relationships and dates and oddities of those folks in the past. These details can be interesting only to those of us still here, and it's necessary to get as many facts straight aa are still possible. I mean, if you don't know who you were, how could you possibly know who you are?

I just got in the mail the new Barbra Streisand cd, Love is the Answer. This is the one produced by Diana Krall. What a union of thirteen gorgeous songs sung by the best female ever, backed by one of the sexiest voices ever to sing a note, Diana Krall. "Here's to Life" is a track I first heard by Shirley Horn, and Barbra pays tribute to the late great Ms. Horn. Then there's the Alan and Marilyn Bergman "Where Do You Start?", music by Johnny Mandel, just about the saddest song about love's breakup ever written. I recommend anyone who loves great vocal music to get this album. Barbra may be getting old, but she's like fine wine, the older, the better.

No comments:

Blog Archive