Translate

Most of what I've written has been published as e-books and is available at Amazon. Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Happy Valley is set in a retirement community. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page. I'd appreciate any feedback you may have by sending me an e-mail note--jertrav33@aol.com. Thanks for your interest.

Monday, October 12

Well, the Cardinals finally won a game, but . . . they didn’t look so good in doing it. What should have been a runaway against the Houston Texans was very nearly a loss. Except for a last minute goal line stand, they would have lost it, after leading 21-0 at the end of the first half. It should be interesting to see how they respond against the Seahawks, who won big-time over the Jaguars. They absolutely must win next week in Seattle.

The U.S. team had an easy victory over the Internationals, especially Tiger, who sort of demolished his PGA competitor Y. E. Yang. I think Tiger had revenge in mind when they teed off, and after a bad chip on the first hole, losing to Y. E., he turned it on and won 6-5 for his fifth point of the event. Now that the Presidents Cup is over, what will I do for a golf fix? I guess, wait for it all to begin again in January. But I still have the NBA and NFL, two painful prospects for the Cardinals and Suns.

I’m just finishing the latest Alex Delaware by Jonathan Kellerman and I can’t wait to finish it. I’ve been a Kellerman fan for over twenty years, but I’m about ready to quit him. Just too much dialogue and too little action. Alex and Milo talk and talk and talk as they stumble around looking for the bad guy. I don’t remember it being that way in the past. Or maybe I my memory is slipping. It could be that I’m rapidly approaching that place where I could happily have only a ten-novel library, reading them over and over, never remembering much two or three novels in the past, each one a new literary experience..

No comments:

Blog Archive