I’ve hit a wall. I just can’t think of anything I want to write about. I’m into my next novel, Happy Valley, about thirty pages deep, but I can’t seem to bring myself to get back at it. I'm also out of pet peeves or observations to write about for my Blogspot. Writer’s block or cramp or something preventing me from putting words on paper. I wander around the house, looking for something to do other than reading another novel. No sports on the tube, nothing in the afternoon I care to watch. I might begin the task of putting my books in order, especially the ones out in the garage, but that doesn’t sound very appealing. I could begin my project of going to all the elementary schools in the area and showing them Life in the Arbor, pitching it at them in hopes they may want to use it in their fifth grades. But that would just open the door to more disappointment about selling any of my books. Man, I’ve had a lifetime of disappointment about that endeavor. I guess I’ll take a shower and get a haircut.
My books can be purchased as e-books for only $1.99. If interested, just click here: Books.
Match Play is a golf/suspense novel. Dust of Autumn is a bloody one set in upstate New York. Prairie View is set in South Dakota, with a final scene atop Rattlesnake Butte. Life in the Arbor is a children's book about Rollie Rabbit and his friends (on about a fourth grade level). The Black Widow involves an elaborate extortion scheme. Doggy-Dog World is my memoir. And ES3 is a description of my method for examining English sentence structure.
In case anyone is interested in any of my past posts, an archive list can be found at the bottom of this page.
My newest novel, Happy Valley, can be found here.
- ► 2017 (71)
- ► 2016 (143)
- ► 2015 (133)
- ► 2014 (133)
- ► 2013 (152)
- ► 2012 (226)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (120)
- Happy Halloween
- Cat Tale
- This Is It
- Dance Is Back.
- Work Golf
- Writer's Block
- I found in our Arizona Republic paper this morning...
- For the first time in seven seasons, I watched Two...
- Sunday again and I'm suffering through another Car...
- Television Observations:On last Sunday’s “60 Minut...
- Well, the Cardinals finally won a game, but . . . ...
- When I was growing up in South Dakota, we had coun...
- The only things worth reporting on lately: 1. we p...
- I just dashed off and sent a letter in response to...
- I've been busy trying to finalize a family tree of...
- ▼ October (16)